Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Never too late to start doing the right thing!

This is gonna be my first blog. I am finally pulling myself together to start this blog as a result of Paris-sir's good example.  I don't really have the intention for it to be read by the mass, but just a convenient way for me to jog down my thoughts over time, on a more structured and disciplined manner.  Perhaps one day, my kids will read it, and if i can leave them a trace of my thinking, and that they can find me online, that might have unintended good consequences.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they're too heavy to be broken" - Buffett

I think the habit of writing blogs is a good one, in fact, it's like taking note on things that i've learnt.  Moreover, the ability to write down an idea or concept that i've learnt will in itself, consolidate that learning.  This is the main reason for this blog.  It should be a pre-requisite for me to write a blog on every investing decision. Let that be the self-imposed rule from now on.

Another good use of the blog is to add links to it.  So i have a centralised location for all the good articles and research for my easy access.

I wanna thank Paris-sir for his time over lunch, his sharing and kind comments.

I am gonna start slow and easy on myself.  So this is it for now.  Like my swimming, I know i can only carry on at my own (slow) pace. Most of the time, i don't push myself fast and far enough, but i think (at this stage) sustainability is more important.  If i over exert myself, then it becomes a barrier and disincentive to continue this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment